Welcome to Wild Rice
The Wild Rice Watershed District exists to manage water flow in the drainage area of the Wild Rice River in northwestern Minnesota. The Wild Rice Watershed District includes areas of Norman, Mahnomen, Clay, Polk, Clearwater, and Becker counties.
The Wild Rice Watershed District:
- Issues permits for water related drainage
- Maintains Watershed Drainage Ditches
- Maintains Watershed Projects
- Prevents erosion into surface waters
- Protects fish and wildlife habitat
- Protects groundwater and surface water systems
- Improves water quality
- Establishes governmental policies to manage water resources
- Provides recreational opportunities
The Wild Rice Watershed District is here to help farmers, ranchers, and citizens with water control. For more information about what the Wild Rice Watershed District can provide, browse our web site or call us at 218.784.5501.
Apr 25th 9:00 am - 11:00 am
A meeting of the South Branch of the Wild Rice River RCPP Interdisciplinary Team will be held.....
Apr 25th 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
A meeting of the Moccasin Creek RCPP Interdisciplinary Team will be held.....